Most of my “fun” classes in undergrad were English Literature classes. I will read just about anything but I lean more towards romance (all forms…regencies, contemporary, highlander, paranormal, anything…) and YA. I tend to avoid science fiction and mysteries unless it is a very unique book or of particular interest to me. My favorite author of all time is Jane Austen. Her books are my salvation. I read them over and over again. I also love Jane Austen sequels. I have over 100 in my bookshelves and they will all be reviewed here eventually.
Grace accepts review requests of both print and e-books:
I do accept a very limited number of self-published titles mainly of the romance persuasion. Preference is always given to books in my preferred genres. as well as to authors and publishers I love and have worked with before.
- Historical (esp. Regencies, Highlander, Victorian, Irish, Pirate…anything really)
- Romantic Suspense
- Steampunk-Just read my first one and…so good.
- I have a particular love for romances with particularly bad rakes and rogues. The badder the better.
She also likes:
- Young Adult (mainly paranormal romance)
- Historical Fiction (limited)
- Contemporary Fiction
- Memoirs/Biography (limited)
- Chick Lit
- Cookbooks especially about desserts—I am a baker and will bake and review a recipe from the book with photos.
Grace doesn’t accept:
- Science fiction
- Any type of religious or political book
- Mysteries or Thrillers
- Straight fantasy
- anything “mob” related. It’s just not my schtick and quite frankly, as an Italian-American, I find most of it offensive.
Note about Self-Published and Indie Authors- I used to review these books as often as traditionally published books but now, given the rather hostile climate, I will accept a very VERY limited amount of self-published books for review because I am not ready to close that door completely…yet. I will accept books within my genres of preference only–there are no exceptions to this. I will also be more cautious about the authors I do accept. The books I currently have will be reviewed. I am just not willing to take the risk of being attacked if I don’t like a book or don’t get to it quick enough. This is a hobby and it should be a fun one but some authors seem to forget that.