Ten days ago, Nan Hawthorne of Historical Blogs Fiction & Fact emailed me to say that she thought Spun Stories was “one of the most entertaining and interesting blogs out there”, and she’d picked me to be the featured blog on HB F&F for June. In return, I have to pick a blog for July.
As you can imagine, I’m thrilled. Especially as Nan is such an active member of the Historical Novel Society and Independent Authors Guild. Thank you Nan for your kind words about my blog! And stay tuned to hear about the blog I picked.
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you. Thanks Laura for the nomination! I am thrilled. Those strawberries look luscious. Laura provides writing challenges for writers, and interviews for readers, and you can find out all about her gorgeous-looking blog by clicking here.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
- I like making plans.
- I’m a big fan of science, and love anything with either evidence or a good argument behind it.
- I’m English, but have lived in the US for nearly 30 years.
- I like teal. Don’t know why. Perhaps because it reminds me of the sea.
- As a child, I always had my nose in an historical novel. This used to exasperate my sister.
- I am happiest when I’m being creative. This is true whether I’m writing novels or attempting to play my violin.
- I love visiting England to see the beautiful English countryside, and those wonderful gardens that English people always seem to have.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
Here are some deserving bloggers, in no particular order:
Katy of A FEW MORE PAGES
Loretta and Susan of TWO NERDY HISTORY GIRLS
Trish of TROUVAIS
Jenny Milchman of SUSPENSE YOUR DISBELIEF
Elizabeth Kerri Mahon of SCANDALOUS WOMEN
Jennifer of RUNDPINNE
Mirella Patzer of HISTORY AND WOMEN
Alex, Ana, Kailana, Marg & Teddy of HISTORICAL TAPESTRY
Allie, Arleigh & Heather of HISTORICAL FICTION ROUND TABLE
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them. Of course! Thanks, Laura for your support.
–Cynthia Haggard writes historical novels. She has two completed manuscripts that will be published in the coming year. THWARTED QUEEN is a portrait of a woman trapped by power, a marriage undone by betrayal, and a King brought down by fear.FAMILY SPLINTERS is a novel about identity, forbidden love and family secrets. For more on her creative writing, go to spunstories. (c) 2011. All rights reserved.